The Park Service has worked hard over the last year to allow guests to safely access Yosemite National Park during the Covid-19 pandemic. They have just announced how they will manage summer 2021 and the details are as follows.
- Reservations Required: May 21 – September 30
- Length of Reservation: 3 days
- Visit recreation.gov to make your reservations or call (877) 444-6777
- Reservations are available beginning at 8am PST on the following dates
First Day to Reserve Arrival Date
April 21 May 21 – June 30
April 28 July 1 – 31
May 5 August 1 – 31
May 12 September 1 – 30
May 14 – Sept 23 7 days advance
Starting on May 14, some additional reservations will be available every day at 8 am Pacific time seven days in advance of arrival date (e.g., make a reservation for an arrival date of September 30 on September 23).
- One reservation is valid for each car, the person with the reservation must be present in the car with a valid ID
- You can enter on any of the three days of your reservation, but it is only valid for the three days you have been assigned
Please visit the Yosemite website for additional information on reservations.
What are my options if I do not get a reservation?
- Local tour companies – if you sign up with a local tour company you have the added benefit of an expert from our area as well as not needing a reservation. A few options are Echo Coop, Y’Explorer, and Yosemite Guide Service
- YARTS – you can book a seat on the public transportation that passes through Groveland multiple times a day. With a seat on the bus, you do not need a pass
- Hetch Hetchy – you do not need a reservation to explore the Northern side of Yosemite. This is a stunning area of the park that is less traveled than the Valley.
- There are many other local attractions that our front desk can direct you towards enjoying outside of Yosemite
While this is an extra step that has not been needed in the past, we are grateful to be moving in the direction of more accessibility to the park as the numbers of permits are far greater than what was allowed last year. Please know that we are here to help support you in have an amazing Yosemite adventure!
We are already seeing our bookings significantly increase for the summer as people are ready to get out of the house and explore. Book your room at the Groveland Hotel today! Book directly on our website for the best available rate.